October 24, 2013

Taking Care of Your Smile – and Your Budget

Nobody loves today's economy – but you have to admit it is making us smarter consumers.

There are all sorts of things we still want and need but we're checking out our options before we part with our hard earned money. That goes for dental care too.

Perhaps, you've been thinking about getting your teeth whitened or porcelain veneers or you have a problem that needs fixing but have been holding off because of financial concerns. We're all making choices carefully and looking for new ways to afford the things we decide are important to us.

Making Smart Choices
I see it every day right here in my office.

Patients like you are coming in regularly for check-ups and cleanings because you know preventive care can protect your smile and save you money in the end. You're weighing the value of getting simple treatments today that will prevent much more complicated – and expensive – treatment in the future.

What's more you're aware that scientists are studying the link between untreated gum disease and heart problems.

Although gum disease does not cause heart disease, in the words of Dr. Pamela McClain, President of the American Academy of Periodontology, “...We know there definitely is a link between these.”1 And you're taking your future health into consideration as you choose to go forward with treatment.

Looking Ahead
And it's not just your health you're considering. I know a lot of you are also thinking hard about the ways elective cosmetic procedures might enhance your life and your future.

You know that taking care of your stained, chipped or crooked teeth would really boost your confidence. You can imagine how much more relaxed you'd be in work and social situations and how much friendlier and more outgoing you could seem.

But now you're also asking yourself whether looking younger and more attractive would help you get the promotion you deserve or maybe find an exciting new job.

Helping You Find a Way
The way I see it, it's my job to help you with those smart choices.

My goal is to make it possible for you – and every one of my patients – to afford all the care you need to be healthy and confident. That means everything from exams and simple fillings to truly life-changing cosmetic treatment.

To help, our office offers some very smart payment options to let you fit that care you need into your budget comfortably.

For example:

• CareCredit®
    Works like a credit card, but is exclusive for healthcare services. With no up-front costs, no pre-payment penalties, and no annual fees, CareCredit® lets you pay over time and frees up cash and credit cards for the other things you want or need.

CareCredit® offers low monthly payment plans for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including dental treatment. Plus, you can use your card again and again to pay for additional treatment for yourself or family members in any CareCredit® practice.

You can learn more by clicking theCareCredit® button in the menu above.

OR

• SimplePay
    This strategy has three great advantages with you, the patient, in mind:

1. Always 0% interest
    2. Affordable payments

3. Credit, good or bad, doesn't matter

And, SimplePay makes the the whole process quick and easy.  All you need for approval is:

- a valid government issued ID (like your driver's license)
    - a social security number
    - an active checking account
    - and the $35 administration fee

The application process takes about 2 minutes and approval usually take about 15 minutes. So, when it's this simple, you don't need to put off getting the treatment you need – or want. 

Bottom Line
We want to help you get all the care you deserve. If you'd like to know more or if you'd like to work with us to come up with a plan that keeps you healthy and meets your needs, simply give us a call at 708-788-7505.

1. No Proof That Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease, Experts Say: http://consumer.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=663850